Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Asian Chili (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Asian Chili (TNT) Empty Asian Chili (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 am

Hi...
    My hubby has to teach tonight so I thought I would make this up because it could be ready early and I can eat it later. He has to eat around 4ish because he has to be up at the college around 5. I have had a little taste and this is really good. A nice change from regular chili; chili with a twist!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Asian Chili
    Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook

My husband and I have done extensive traveling during our more than 50 years of marriage. As a matter of fact, I came across this recipe during a visit to Japan. The Asian flavor is a nice change. - Martha Ann Bernard, New Vienna, Ohio

SERVINGS: 10
    CATEGORY: Soup
    METHOD:
    TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.

Ingredients:

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
    1 can (28 ounces) Chinese mixed vegetables, drained
    1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    Salt to taste
    Shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:

In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, vegetables, bean sprouts, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
    Pair out-of-ordinary Asian Chili with store-bought egg rolls and fortune cookies for a fun casual meal with little fuss. And for extra ease, keep serving-size portions of chili in the freezer to defrost and reheat in a hurry.

Nutrition Facts
    One serving: (1 each) Calories: 166 Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 33 mg Sodium: 548 mg Carbohydrate: 12 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 15 g

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Asian-Chili

Recipe source: All simple recipes yahoo group, submitted by Beth Layman

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:04 pm