Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Perfect Peppermint Patties (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Perfect Peppermint Patties (TNT) Empty Perfect Peppermint Patties (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 am

Hi...
    I just got done making these for my son's best friend, Christina....She is moving from here in south Florida to Maine in a couple of weeks and they are having a going away party for her on Friday. She absolutely loves Peppermint Patties and I have been making these for her birthday every year for about 4 or 5 years now, so I thought this would be appropriate for me to make for her party!
    These are kind of messy to make, but they are absolutely wonderful!! If you love peppermint patties you will love this recipe!
    They would also be great to make during the holidays!
    hugs,
    peg

Perfect Peppermint Patties

1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
    3 TBSP butter or margarine, softened
    2 to 3 tsp. peppermint extract
    1 / 2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 / 4 cup evaporated milk
    2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
    2 TBSP shortening (I used Crisco stick)
    In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Add milk and mix well. Put in refrigerator or freezer for a little while until stiff enough to roll into balls. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheets. Chill for 20 minutes. Flatten with a glass to
    1 / 4 inch; chill for 30 minutes. In a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip patties; place on waxed paper to harden.
    YIELD: about 5 dozen

PEG’S NOTES:
    I put the flattened patties in the freezer for a few minutes before dipping them in the chocolate…makes it a little easier.
    I also had to make up another 1 / 2 batch of the chocolate for dipping.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 am