Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Savory Beer Pork Chops (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Savory Beer Pork Chops (TNT) Empty Savory Beer Pork Chops (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:48 am

Oh my...
    These pork chops were sooooo good! They were really nice and tender. I served them with Potato Parsnip Mash....I will post that recipe next!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Savory Beer Pork Chops
    These tender chops from Jana Christian of Farson, Wyoming are perfect for a hectic weeknight because they're so easy to prep. But they're also a real bargain at about 77 cents per serving.
    4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
    Ingredients

4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
    3 tablespoons ketchup
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    Directions

Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on both sides over medium heat.
    Combine the beer, ketchup and brown sugar; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
    Yield: 4 servings.
    Nutrition Facts:
    1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.

Recipe Source: Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Jana Christian of Farson, Wyoming.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Savory-Beer-Pork-Chops

Savory Beer Pork Chops (TNT) Expsi23270_TH.CW1973175A03_17_4b

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:05 pm