Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiches (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiches (TNT) Empty Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiches (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 am

Hi....
    I made this last week and it was so good, I am making it again this week when my sons come over for dinner on Thursday! It was really really yummy...and meatless which is a nice change every now and then. This would be great for a special breakfast or brunch, but it makes a great light dinner served with a salad and some crusty bread (which is how I served it).
    I didn't have any 8-inch ramekins so I used a 9-inch glass pie plate and that worked great!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches

Breakfast (or brunch or a light dinner) for one? In these individual
    quiches, broccoli gives the creamy cheddar and egg a nice crunch; eliminating the crust cuts down on baking time.

Butter, for ramekins
    Coarse salt
    1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
    6 large eggs
    1/2 cup half-and-half
    Ground pepper
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
    Crusty bread and mixed salad (optional)

*Directions*:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute. Drain well; transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli and cheese.

3. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a mixed-green salad, if desired.

Makes 4 (or one 9-inch pie)

Recipe source: Recipe Favorites yahoo group, submitted by Frank Drake

PEG’S NOTE
    : I didn’t have large enough ramekins so I used a 9-inch glass pie pan and that worked great!

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:18 pm