Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Stuffed Pepper Soup (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Stuffed Pepper Soup (TNT) Empty Stuffed Pepper Soup (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed May 04, 2011 6:00 am

Hi...
    This is a great soup recipe! We had it for dinner the other night and it was really yummy! It would be great on a cold winter's night...too bad it was about 90 degrees here in south Florida!
    I only made up 1/2 of the recipe since it was only the two of us. That made plenty with enough leftover for another meal.
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Stuffed Pepper Soup

2 pounds ground beef ( I only had one pound thawed)
    2 quarts hot water (I used the can of the tomato sauce)
    1 can (28 oz) Hunts tomato sauce
    1 can (28 oz) Hunts Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
    2 cups cooked long grain rice
    2 cups chopped green peppers
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar (seems weird but it needs it to cut the acid)
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (didn't use this)
    1 teaspoon pepper

In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender.
    I added chopped onion and garlic to mine. I let mine simmer all day until right before serving and then I let it boil. Peppers were still slightly crunchy which we like.

Recipe source: Cozy Christmas Corner yahoo group, submitted by Michele

PEG’S NOTES:
    I only made half of the recipe since it was only the two of us….still had plenty leftover for lunch or another dinner. I also added chopped onions to mine.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 pm