Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Thai Peanut Chicken (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Thai Peanut Chicken (TNT) Empty Thai Peanut Chicken (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 am

Hi....
    I made this last week and it was delicious! I served it over couscous instead of rice...just for something a little different. I had some left over so I took it to my neighbor Mel...and he LOVED it!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Thai Peanut Chicken
    from Campbell's Kitchen

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
    4 teaspoons minced garlic
    2 tablespoons lime juice
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
    2 medium red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 3 cups)
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
    1 cup milk or water
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    Hot cooked rice

1. Stir the chicken, garlic, lime juice and 1 tablespoon cilantro in a medium
    bowl.

2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook until the chicken is well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken mixture from the skillet.

3. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook until they're tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.

4. Stir the soup, milk and peanut butter in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve the chicken mixture with the rice and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro.

For Thai Chicken: Substitute 1 cup coconut milk for the milk and add 1 tablespoon green or red curry paste with the peanut butter.
    Makes: 4 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each).

Recipe source: Exploring Christmas yahoo group, submitted by alacrafter.

PEG’S NOTE:

I served over couscous instead of rice….just for something a little different.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:41 am