Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Bacon Bean Bundles (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Bacon Bean Bundles (TNT) Empty Bacon Bean Bundles (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 am

Bacon Bean Bundles (TNT) Exps39055_CFT1192412D22A

Bacon Bean Bundles
    16 whole fresh green beans, trimmed **
    1 bacon strip, cut in half
    1 small garlic clove, minced
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    2 teaspoons butter
    Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for
    5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium
    heat until partially cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels to
    drain. Drain beans; place eight beans on each piece of bacon. Wrap bacon around beans
    and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with
    garlic, salt and pepper; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15
    minutes or until bacon is crisp.
    Yield: 2 servings.
    Recipe source: Cooking for 2 magazine, Winter, 2008, submitted by Connie Burke in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
    http://recipes.cookingfor2.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=39055

**Peg's Note: I used more than 16 green beans ....there is no way 8 green beans is enough of a serving for us! I think I had about 20 or so green beans per bundle! I also used one slice of bacon per bundle instead of only 1/2 piece of bacon.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:04 am