Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Beefy Cabbage Casserole (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Beefy Cabbage Casserole (TNT) Empty Beefy Cabbage Casserole (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 am

Hi....

We just had this for dinner tonight and it was really good. I have almost a whole head of cabbage in the fridge left over from another recipe...so I found this recipe and thought I would try it since I had the cabbage and most of the other ingredients too. It is very tasty and pretty quick and easy to make. ....Shawn went back for seconds and that is always a good indication that he likes it!

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

Beefy Cabbage Casserole
    This ground beef casserole is a flavorful family dinner casserole with cabbage, lean ground beef, and cheese, along with a crumb topping.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 40 minutes
    Total Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:
    * 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    * 2 teaspoons butter
    * 1 pound lean ground beef
    * 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped or cut in chunks or thin wedges
    * 1 cup chopped onion
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 dash of pepper
    * 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    * 1 cup sour cream
    * 2 to 3 tablespoons port wine or apple juice
    * 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing crumbs, tossed with 2 tablespoons melted butter

Instructions:

Brown beef in the oil and butter, pour off excess fat. Add cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and cook slowly until the cabbage is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add cheese, sour cream and wine. Mix well and heat through. Transfer mixture to a warmed and greased casserole dish. Top with buttered stuffing crumbs. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes, until topping is browned.
    Serves 4 to 6.

Recipe source: All Crockpot-Casserole-One Dish Meals yahoo group, submitted by gretagarborocks

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:03 pm