Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Kielbasa and Cabbage (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Kielbasa and Cabbage (TNT) Empty Kielbasa and Cabbage (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:15 am

I had cabbage left over from Corned beef and cabbage for St. Pat's day...so when I saw this recipe, I knew this is how I would use it up. This was really good and very different for a change of pace.
    enjoy
    hugs,
    peg

Kielbasa and Cabbage (Thrifty Fun)

This is one of my favorites from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook.

By Laniegirl

1/3 cup chopped onion (one small)
    1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
    1 small head green or red cabbage, cut into 12 wedges
    3/4 cup apple juice
    2 Tbsp. brown sugar
    2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
    12 ounces fully cooked kielbasa, cut into 8 pieces
    2 medium cooking apples, cored and sliced.

In 12 in skillet cook onion in hot margarine or butter till tender. Add cabbage wedges. Stir together apple juice, brown sugar, and vinegar. Pour over cabbage in skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.

Add kielbasa and apples. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer covered, for 10 minutes or till sausage is hot and apple is crisp tender. Serve with slotted spoon. Makes 4 servings.

Note: I have used apple cider instead of apple juice and I have used smoked kielbasa also.

Source:

thriftyfun.com

--

Recipe source: Exchanging Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Ginny Butterfield.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:27 pm