Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage (TNT) Empty Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi...
    I made this for my hubby and our sons last Thursday (that's the day our sons come over for dinner).....This was so good that the whole piece of corned beef was gone immediately! We were lucky that the boys left some for us! The glaze on top was delicious!
    I didn't steam the potatoes or cabbage, I just cooked it along with the corned beef (put the potatoes, (carrots and onions which I also added) about an hour or two before the brisket was finished...then I added the cabbage about 20-30 minutes before the meat was finished.
    Enjoy
    hugs,
    peg

Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe

My mother was a wonderful cook who inspired me to experiment with recipes. This unique recipe features a Dijon mustard glaze on the corned beef, and a tangy horseradish sauce with the cabbage and red potatoes. The meal receives raves every time I serve it.

Prep: 20 min.
    Cook: 2-1/2 hours
    Yield: 6-8 Servings

Ingredients

1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 pounds)
    1 medium head cabbage, cut into wedges
    1 pound small red potatoes, halved

DIJON GLAZE:
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

HORSERADISH SAUCE:
    1/4 cup butter, cubed
    2 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
    2 tablespoons chopped green onion
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Place brisket and contents of spice packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
    Place cabbage and potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 25-30 minutes or until tender, adding more water to pan if necessary.
    Transfer the brisket to a broiler pan. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over beef. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until beef is glazed. Thinly slice across the grain.
    In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Drizzle over cabbage and potatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Originally published as Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage in Country Extra March 2006, p49
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Glazed-Corned-Beef-and-Cabbage

Recipe source: Recipe Rampage yahoo group, submitted by Beth Layman

PEG’S NOTE: I did not steam the vegetables, I just cooked them with the corned beef. I also added some carrots and onions.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:58 pm