Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Warm Sweet Potato Salad (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Warm Sweet Potato Salad (TNT) Empty Warm Sweet Potato Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi...
    We had this for dinner the other night and it is so good! I used two sweet potatoes instead of one (this is a cooking for 2 recipe, but I usually have to make more for my hubby!!).
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Warm Sweet Potato Salad (TNT) Exps34007_CFT950584D39B

Warm Sweet Potato Salad
    Cooking for 2
    "I love sweet potatoes, so I'm always trying to come up with new ways to serve them. A few years ago, I was craving potato salad but only had sweet potatoes on hand. This is the result," shares Lisa Huff of Birmingham, Alabama.
    SERVINGS: 2
    CATEGORY: Side Dish
    METHOD: Baked
    TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
    Ingredients:
    1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon dill weed
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    2 tablespoons chopped green onion
    1 tablespoon real bacon bits
    Directions:
    Place sweet potato in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
    Meanwhile, in a small serving bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, dill, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add sweet potato and toss to coat; sprinkle with onion and bacon. Yield: 2 servings.

Nutrition Facts
    One serving: 3/4 cup Calories: 233 Fat: 14 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 3 mg Sodium: 420 mg Carbohydrate: 24 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 3 g

Recipe source: all-simple-recipes yahoo group, submitted by Beth Layman
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Warm-Sweet-Potato-Salad

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:52 pm