Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Reubdeer Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament

Sierra
    Sierra
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3641
    Job/hobbies : Retired English, Music, and Art Teacher *****Member in HHH Since 3/11/2007*****
    Humor : Funny is as funny does!
    Registration date : 2008-10-18

Reubdeer Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament Empty Reubdeer Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament

Post by Sierra Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Materials Needed:

• Light Bulb
    • Thin Ribbon
    • Brown Fun Foam or Felt
    • Paint
    • 3/4-Inch Red Pom-pom
    • Glue
    Reubdeer Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament Ornlbdeerth
    Instructions:
    I put 3 layers of paper mache on my light bulb first. Although this is optional, I highly recommend it because this helps make the light bulb less fragile. (You can find out how to paper mache here.)
    Paint the light bulb with light brown paint. Let the paint dry completely. I set the neck of the lightbulb into an empty film container. This worked great while the paint dried!
    With the neck of the light bulb pointing up, paint eyes and a mouth on the reindeer. Glue on the red, pom-pom nose.
    Cut two antlers out of fun foam using the pattern below. Glue one to each side of the light bulb neck.
    Reubdeer Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament Lbantlerp1th
    Form a loop with a piece of thin ribbon, about 10 - 12 inches long and glue it on the top, back edge of your reindeer head. This will be the hanger for your ornament.
    - See a larger photo of this craft completed by Your Family Crafts Guide.
    - See a larger photo of this craft completed by Deana Drumbarger.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 pm