Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Santa Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament

Sierra
    Sierra
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3641
    Job/hobbies : Retired English, Music, and Art Teacher *****Member in HHH Since 3/11/2007*****
    Humor : Funny is as funny does!
    Registration date : 2008-10-18

Santa Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament Empty Santa Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament

Post by Sierra Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Use these free directions and pattern to create a Santa Christmas tree ornament using an old light bulb.

Materials Needed:

• Light Bulb
    • Thin Ribbon
    • Red Child's Sock
    • Paint
    • White, Curly Chenille Stem
    • 1-Inch, White Pom-pom
    • White Chenille Stem
    • Small, Pink Pom-pom
    • Glue
    Santa Lightbulb Christmas Tree Ornament Ornlbsantath
    Instructions:
    I put 3 layers of paper mache on my light bulb first. Although this is optional, I highly recommend it because this helps make the light bulb less fragile. (You can find out how to paper mache here.)
    Paint the light bulb with flesh-colored paint. You don't need to paint the neck (the part that goes into the light socket). Let the paint dry completely. I set the neck of the lightbulb into an empty film container. This worked great while the paint dried!
    Tie a piece of thin ribbon, about 10 - 12 inches long, securely around the neck of the light bulb. Add a few drops of glue to secure the ribbon. This will be the hanger for your ornament.
    Now you will make santa's hat. Cut off the top of the red sock, you will want about 6 inches to work with. Slide it over the neck of the light bulb; and make sure the ribbon comes out through the top. Pull the edge of the sock down the lightbulbed to the desired spot.
    Tie a piece of ribbon around the top edge of the sock just above the end of the light bulb. Tie it into a knot and trim off any long ends. Glue the pom-pom on the top edge of the hat to hide the ribbon you tied it with. Secure the bottom edge of the sock onto the light bulb with a few drops of glue.
    Make Santa's beard using the curly, white chenille stem. Glue it in place; start from one edge of the hat, go around the bulb, and end at the other edge of the hat. Cover the tips of the beard by gluing on the white chenille stem around the bottom edge of the hat.
    To complete your Santa ornament, paint on some eyes, and glue on the pink pom-pom to be his nose.
    - See a larger photo of this craft completed by Your Family Crafts Guide.
    [size=25]

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:16 am