Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Black Bean, Onion and Mushroom Impossible Pie (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Black Bean, Onion and Mushroom Impossible Pie (TNT) Empty Black Bean, Onion and Mushroom Impossible Pie (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:30 am

Hi....
    I really like impossible pies because they are so easy!! This one is delicious. I love the black beans as the protein instead of plain old ground beef!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Black Bean Onion and Mushroom Impossible Pie

4 servings 1/4th of pie

1 large Onion, sliced and chopped in half
    1 clove Garlic, minced
    1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
    1/2 cup shredded cheese, Mozzarella or Chedder
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
    2 eggs or 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
    4 ounces sliced mushrooms
    1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained well (15 oz)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Sauté onions til soft about 7 minutes on medium/high heat. The onions will continue to cook while baking so they don't have to be real soft. In another pan sauté mushrooms in olive oil then combine mushrooms with onions, add garlic and Worcestershire sauce and heat through 2 minutes.
    Spray 9 inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick spray. Spread onion mixture in bottom of dish.
    Sprinkle cheese on top.
    In small bowl, mix milk, eggs and Bisquick, pour over onions mixture.
    Bake in 400 degree oven 25-30 minutes.

I have made Bisquick Impossible Pies for as long as I can remember buying Bisquick. Substituting Black Beans for ground beef is totally new though! This tasted so good. The Worcestershire sauce gave this pie it's flavor.

I smashed a ripe Avocado and stirred in 2 Tbsp of lime juice and a dash of salt to go on top of the pie.

Recipe source:
    http://momtriedrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/07/black-bean-onion-and-mushroom.html

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 pm