Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Asparagus Pie (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Asparagus Pie (TNT) Empty Asparagus Pie (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 am

Hi...
    I had some leftover asparagus from another recipe so when I saw this recipe I had to try it...this was really yummy and quick and easy to make. Since some of you might have asparagus growing in your gardens, I thought I would share this with you all....
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Asparagus Pie
    Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook

I look forward to making this dish each spring with fresh asparagus. It makes for a pretty presentation on a brunch buffet.—Deneen St. Amour, Hammonton, New Jersey
    SERVINGS: 4-6
    CATEGORY: Main Dish
    METHOD: Baked
    TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
    Ingredients:
    1 pound ground beef
    1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
    Directions:
    In a skillet, cook beef, asparagus and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and biscuit mix until smooth. Pour over meat mixture. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
    Nutrition Facts
    One serving: (1 each) Calories: 173 Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 96 mg Sodium: 675 mg Carbohydrate: 12 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 9 g

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Asparagus-Pie

Recipe source: all simple recipes yahoo group, submitted by Beth Layman

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:50 am