Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (TNT) Empty Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 am

Hi....
    Now here is the recipe for the Garlic Mashed Cauliflower that I served with the Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts.....Shawn (hubby) said today that those mashed potatoes were great that I made last night....he was really surprised that it was cauliflower and not potatoes!! I really had him fooled!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

Ingredients
    5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
    1 garlic clove, minced
    3 tablespoons fat-free milk
    3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon white pepper

Directions
    Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
    Drain; transfer to a small bowl. Add the milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; beat until blended. If desired, shape into individual molds by packing 1/2 cup at a time into a 2-in. biscuit cutter.

Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.

Recipe source:
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Garlic-Mashed-Cauliflower

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (TNT) Exps33678_LT1192296D17B

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 pm