Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Orange-Glazed Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Orange-Glazed Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes (TNT) Empty Orange-Glazed Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:23 am

Hi...
    I made this for dinner last night and it was really good. The pork was very tender and moist. Just make sure that you watch very carefully at the end so that the syrup doesn't burn...mine did a little bit, but I was able to save it! ....It evaporates very quickly at the end.
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Orange-Glazed Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes

This is a very easy meal to make and has great taste. Serve with
    a salad and nice dinner roll for a full meal. I used all orange juice. You need to be careful to not cook the syrup too long or it evaporates very quickly.

2 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick (8 ounces)
    1 teaspoon canola oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup cry sherry (or replace with orange juice)

Place a heavy 8 to 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Brush the pork chops on both sides with the oil, then sprinkle them with the salt and pepper. Lay the chops in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until well-browned.

Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into circles 1/4-inch thick. Remove chops from the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and add the orange juice and sherry. Add the sweet potatoes in a single layer. Lay the pork chops over the sweet potatoes, cover the skillet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and no trace of pink shows in the center
    of the pork when tested with a sharp knife.

Remove the pork chops to a warm serving plate and rapidly cook the sweet potatoes and orange juice over high heat until the glaze is thick and syrupy. Arrange the sweet potatoes by the pork chops, spoon the glaze over both and serve immediately.

Recipe Author: Frances Price, RD
    Recipe Source: Healthy Cooking for Two (or Just You)

Author Note: Orange juice complements the flavor of pork and sweet potatoes in the autumn one-dish dinner. You can substitute butternut squash for the sweet potatoes if you like. Best to have the chops cut 1-inch thick.

Recipe source: The Apple Dumpling Gang yahoo group, submitted by Sharon.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:12 pm