Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Spicy Beef Brisket (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Spicy Beef Brisket (TNT) Empty Spicy Beef Brisket (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 am

Hi...
    I have lots of recipes stacked up to share with all of you...so I had better get to it!
    I made this brisket last week when the boys were over for dinner. It is delicious! I just finished up the rest of it today in a sandwich....YUM!! I served this with some mashed sweet potatoes and a spinach salad. What a great dinner we had!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Spicy Beef Brisket

This fork-tender brisket is just as good when cooked a day ahead, refrigerated and reheated. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles to take advantage of the flavorful sauce. -Wendy Kiehn of Sebring, Florida
    8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours

Ingredients

1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 large onions, sliced
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup beef broth
    1 cup chili sauce
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup cider vinegar
    2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
    2 bay leaves
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup cold water
    Directions

Sprinkle brisket with seasoned salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onions and garlic until tender. Return brisket to pan.
    Combine broth, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder and bay leaves; pour over meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
    Remove brisket to a serving platter. Skim fat from cooking juices; discard bay leaves. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with sauce.
    Yield: 8 servings.
    Nutrition Facts:
    5 ounces cooked beef equals 231 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.

Recipe source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Spicy-Beef-Brisket

Spicy Beef Brisket (TNT) Exps25366_TA59324D58D

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:11 am