Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers (TNT) Empty Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 am

Hi...

I made these turnovers a few nights ago and they were delicious! The recipe said it made 8, but I ended up with 12!! They seem at first like they might be a little tricky...I have never worked with phyllo dough, but they turned out fine....

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers

time prep: 45 min total: 1 hr

servings total: 8 servings, 2 triangles each

What You Need

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 lb. ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onions

2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped

1 Tbsp. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme, divided

1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream

24 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed

6 Tbsp. butter, melted

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Make It

HEAT oven to 400ºF.

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat and onions; cook 10 min. or until meat is browned. Drain; return to skillet. Add broccoli; cook 3 min. Stir in next 3 ingredients; mix well. Reserve 3 Tbsp. cooking creme. Add remaining cooking creme and sour cream to skillet; cook and stir on low heat 2 min. or until heated through.

PLACE 1 phyllo sheet on work surface; brush lightly with butter. Repeat with second phyllo sheet; cover with third phyllo sheet. (Do not brush top sheet with butter.). Cut phyllo stack lengthwise in half with pizza cutter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets to make 16 strips.

SPOON 1 heaping spoonful meat filling onto 1 end of 1 phyllo strip, about 1 inch from corner. Fold over opposite corner to form triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, to opposite end. Repeat with remaining phyllo strips. Place turnovers on baking sheets; brush with remaining butter.

BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Place on platter; drizzle with reserved cooking creme. Sprinkle with parsley.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Recipe Submitted by Real Women of PHILADELPHIA Contestant

Kirsten Shabaz

Make Ahead

Triangles can be frozen before they are baked. Simply freeze in single layer on baking sheets. Then, transfer to freezer container, placing waxed paper between layers. When ready to bake, place desired number of triangles on baking sheet, then bake in 400ºF oven 15 to 18 min. or until golden brown and heated through.

Servings total:
    8 servings, 2 triangles each

Recipe source: Taste of Home magazine, November, 2011, submitted by Kristen Shabaz of Minneapolis, Minnesota.

PEG’S NOTE:

I used the Athen’s brand of fillo dough (Phyllo pastry sheets), 16 oz size, which contains two rolls of dough with about 25 sheets in each roll.

Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers (TNT) Empty thanks for the dinner idea.

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 am

I've had to add the phyllo dough to my list for next weeks shopping. These sound yummy and something different. Thank you as always for all the great ideas. I'm not here often posting, but I do like to browse. Smile

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 9:40 am