Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

French Chicken Broccoli Supreme (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

French Chicken Broccoli Supreme (TNT) Empty French Chicken Broccoli Supreme (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed May 01, 2013 1:20 am

Hi....
    I made this recipe recently and it was really good! The only thing I would change is to only use 1 tube of Ritz crackers...I think 2 tubes made too much topping.....but if you like lots of topping, then use 2.
    enjoy
    hugs,
    peg

FRENCH CHICKEN BROCCOLI SUPREME
    Ingredients:
    1 – lb. fresh broccoli Break in pieces, and steam for 2 minutes.
    3 cups cooked chicken breasts – Break up in small pieces
    3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese divided
    2 tubes Ritz Crackers
    1 stick melted butter
    1 tablespoon poppy seeds
    SAUCE:

1/3 cup Butter- melted
    1/4 cups Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup COLD Water
    1/3 cup Chicken Broth
    1/4 tsp. Salt
    1/4 tsp Pepper
    2 Cups Milk
    1 1/2 cups of the above Cheddar Cheese
    Directions:
    In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside. In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and continue stirring until sauce has thickened. Turn heat down to low, and add 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted. Pour over the chicken and broccoli. Top with 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
    Melt the butter, and add the poppy seeds, and stir well. Crush Ritz crackers in large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin. Don’t crush too small. Add crumbs to the melted butter. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the grated cheese.
    Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
    Eat and enjoy!
    Recipe source: http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=984

French Chicken Broccoli Supreme (TNT) 9c78240d8196c3705a4d5e694d452212
    PEG’S NOTE: I think next time I would only use 1 tube of Ritz crackers instead of 2 tubes. It was a little too much topping for me.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:09 pm