Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Creole Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Creole Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (TNT) Empty Creole Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 am

This was really yummy, but quite time consuming and used lots of pans! I also was confused about the creole seasoning mix....but check my note at the end of the recipe to see what I did. It was really good, but give yourself plenty of time to make this!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Creole Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy

1 lb. ground turkey
    1 large red onion, diced
    ½ bell pepper, diced
    1 stalk celery, diced
    ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
    ½ bunch green onions, sliced
    1 cup mushrooms, sliced
    4 cloves garlic
    4 Hawaiian dinner rolls, tear into pieces
    3 cups beef broth
    1 egg, beaten
    ¼ cup flour
    2 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 tablespoon creole seasoning
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    Extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

Mix seasoning blend together and set aside. In a medium bowl add tore dinner rolls and cover with ½ cup of beef broth and 1 teaspoonful of seasoning blend.

Mix red onion, bell pepper, celery, Italian parsley, and green onion together in a bowl. Reserve ½ cup of vegetable mixture and set aside.

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet over medium heat, add remaining bell pepper, onion, celery, Italian parsley and green onions, sauté for about 5 minutes, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend, and add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

Add ground turkey to a large bowl, add eggs, and soften bread, cooled vegetables and all remaining seasonings minus 1 tablespoon. Mix well and form into 4 oblong shaped patties.

Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Coat patties lightly in flour, add to pan and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.

Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan over medium heat, add remaining bell peppers, onions, celery, mushrooms and parsley. Sauté for about 5 minutes, add garlic and seasonings, and sauté 1 minute more.

Add about 1 tablespoonful of cornstarch, whisk well.

Add broth, bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add patties to gravy and allow to simmer, covered for 10-15 more minutes. Enjoy!

Recipe source: http://creolecontessa.blogspot.com/2013/08/creole-salisbury-steak-with-mushroom.html

PEG’S NOTE:
    I was confused about the creole seasoning blend and the rest of the spices listed so this is what I did:

Creole Seasoning Blend:

1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
    1 Tablespoon onion powder
    1 Tablespoon black pepper
    Pinch of red (cayenne) pepper

I mixed all together and used this as the creole seasoning mix and it seemed to work out just fine.

Creole Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (TNT) Cccccc66+120edited

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:16 pm