Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Chicken and Bows (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Chicken and Bows (TNT) Empty Chicken and Bows (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:24 am

Hi...
    I made this for dinner last night....it was so good...real comfort food and I think it would be really kid friendly too. I only made up about half of the recipe, but since it is so good why not make up the whole recipe and freeze the rest like the recipe suggests.
    enjoy
    hugs,
    peg

Chicken and Bows

I first made this recipe when I was a professional nanny, writes Danette Forbes of Overland Park, Kansas. It comes together quickly at dinnertime when the kids are hungry.

Ingredients

1 package bow tie pasta -- (16 ounces)

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts -- cut into strips

1 cup chopped sweet red pepper

1/4 cup butter -- cubed

2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup -- (10-3/4 ounces each ) undiluted

2 cups frozen peas

1 1/2 cups 2% milk

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon salt -- (1/4 to 1/2)

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Procedure

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

2. Stir in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.

3. Serve half of the mixture immediately. Cool remaining mixture; transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.

4. TO USE FROZEN CASSEROLE: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to an ungreased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.

Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).

Recipe Type: Quick

Source

Source: Taste of Home

Web Page: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chicken-and-Bows?pmcode=ILJDO02T&_mid=2295134&_rid=2295134.909334.180679

Copyright: September/October 2007, p41

Recipe source: Taste of Home yahoo group, submitted by Kevin

Chicken and Bows (TNT) Exps33339_SD1191049D40

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am