Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard (TNT) Empty Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:51 am

These pork chops are just great!....so tender and juicy. I found that cooking 5 minutes on each side was just right for us.
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Recipe

“I love how crunchy almonds and sweet mustard sauce jazz up this tender pork dish. Usually, I double the recipe. One chop is never enough for my gang of grown children and grandkids.”
    Ingredients

1/2 cup smoked almonds
    1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
    1/4 cup honey
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    Directions

In a food processor, process the almonds until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; add bread crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then coat with almond mixture.
    In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and mustard. Serve with pork chops.
    Yield:
    4 servings.
    Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard published in Country Woman July/August 2006, p41

Recipe source: All Simple Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Beth Layman

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:19 am