Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Ham Stir-Fry with Almonds (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Ham Stir-Fry with Almonds (TNT) Empty Ham Stir-Fry with Almonds (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

Hi...
    This recipe sounded a little different than the normal stir fry with chicken or beef....so I thought I would give it a try. It was really, really good! The ham and coleslaw added something a little different and we really enjoyed this meal.
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

HAM STIR-FRY WITH ALMONDS
    2 cups cubed ham
    2 cups cooked white or brown rice (unsalted)
    1 cup coleslaw mix
    1 cup bean sprouts
    1 bunch green onions, including greens, chopped to 1 inch pieces
    1 can sliced mushrooms
    1 small package whole almonds
    1/4 cup pineapple juice
    2 cloves garlic
    soy sauce
    Prepare rice according to package directions (do not add salt or butter). Keep warm. Add small amount of oil to very hot skillet or wok. Add green onions, ham, garlic, mushrooms, and almonds to the oil and stir-fry until ham is lightly brown and onions are tender-crisp.
    Add cabbage and bean sprouts and continue to stir-fry. Add pineapple juice and soy sauce to taste. Cover and cook until all vegetables are tender. Serve
    over rice.
    If you like, pineapple chunks may also be added. Very good.
    (tip: I crush the garlic - an easy way to do this is place 2 peeled cloves in a small baggie. Use a mallet to smash the garlic in the corner of the baggie
    - then turn baggie inside out over skillet to remove). Enjoy.

Recipe Source: Recipe Rampage yahoo group, submitted by Marilyn DeWeese.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:20 pm